Author Topic: Baker Cysts  (Read 49737 times)

annie

• View Profile
Baker Cysts
« on: June 21, 2016, 10:07:01 AM »
I have a baker cysts on back of knee, just had it drained my inside of my knee is stiff difficult walking. I was told I might have a torn meniscus but have not had MRI. Really do not want to go through surgery but want to gain back my mobility in my knee. Has any one had any luck with King Brand?

kim.kingbrand@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Baker Cysts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:00:10 AM »
Hello Annie,
So sorry to hear that you are experiencing so much pain,
We have had a lot of customers who have reported high success rates by using our King Brand BFST and ColdCure wraps and I do feel this would be an excellent recommendation based on your current condition.
It's important to use both BFST and ColdCure in regards to treatment for your Baker Cyst. The ColdCure helps with swelling/inflammation and pain and then the Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy (BFST) will help to deliver increased circulation to the injured area promoting healing while at rest.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact one of our King Brand Healthcare Adviser's at 1-844-400-2525
Best Regards.
Kim

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:03:29 PM by dti »

Drrandy51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 10:08:00 AM »
I've had a Bakers cyst behind my right knee for over six years. The golf-ball size cyst has remained constant during this period except when it occasionally swells slightly, usually following leg exercises like walking, jogging, biking and plyometric jumping exercises. I've never done anything to treat it short of laying off leg workouts when my knee becomes too stiff and inflexible. Its never very painful, but can become extremely uncomfortable.

Will BFST still heal this longstanding Bakers cyst ?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »
Hi Drrandy51, Thanks for your enquiry.

As you've had the Bakers Cyst for so long, you may want to follow-up with your doctor to find out why the cyst has remained a constant golf-ball size. Often times medical professionals may recommend intervention for Bakers Cysts (such as drainage of fluid), plus usage of cold / ice to reduce inflammation and swelling behind the knee is usually also recommended.
- If you tend to notice an increase in swelling post-activity, you will likely benefit from using cold therapy when this occurs; to help reduce the new swelling and inflammation.
- Cold therapy may even help you right now, to target the underlying inflammation you may not necessarily be aware of behind the knee.

A Bakers Cyst is usually a symptom of an underlying condition in the knee itself (often a meniscus tear or injury). As far as the BFST is concerned, this can be used to harness faster recovery and healing by improving blood flow and circulation - it doesn't matter how new or mature the issue is. We advocate for using the BFST when underlying inflammation and swelling is under control. Using the BFST too soon (with these symptoms) won't cause any harm or further injury, however, the body would become quite hot during a treatment - signifying that the blood flow is being overstimulated and there's nowhere for the additional blood flow to be delivered to.
- The BFST isn't a heating pad, therefore, heat is not a desirable effect. The sensation experienced during a BFST treatment should be a very minor warming (and some people feel a bit of tingling); this is how your body is responding to improvement of blood flow in the targeted area.

We would be more than happy to further discuss your health concerns in relation to usage of Cold and BFST - Please call us toll free on 1844-400-2525 :)