Author Topic: When to start BFST from cold therapy?  (Read 36558 times)

noname128

• View Profile
When to start BFST from cold therapy?
« on: July 21, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »
Hello,

I notice all of the BFST products indicate to not use them until pain and inflammation have been reduced. Isn't it possible that inflamation can be gone but you can still have pain? (depending on the issue) What i'm getting at, is if i'm confident there's not much of a swelling problem (but even though there is still some pain) would using these products still be safe and effective? Or would it just potentially increase/revive inflammation?

I have a ligament/tendon issue onthe inside of my ankle - not positive which. (my podiatrist said an MRI would be a waste of money since treatement would be teh same - keeping it immobilized) I initally had 'nerver' pain due to compression and was getting cortisone shots for a while. But now that pain is gone and i'm just experiencing 'normal' pain - so that's why I'm wondering if i'm at an appropriate stange to stray from cold to possibly your BFST product.

Thanks for any insights,
Jim

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: When to start BFST from cold therapy?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 03:09:04 PM »
 Hi Jim. Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes, it is possible that the pain will still reside once the inflammation is gone. We want to ensure more than anything that most of the inflammation is down before starting the BFST treatments. Usually once the inflammation comes down the pain will subside slightly, but yes you are right, not always. In cases like this, we recommend that you do at least 2-3 days of cold therapy before starting the BFST just to ensure most of the inflammation is down, even if the pain is still there.

Even with some pain still present, the treatment will be safe and effective. If you feel an discomfort during or after a treatment however, that will be a sign that there is still quite a bit of inflammation present, so you would stop and go back to the cold for a couple days.

I'm glad to hear that most of your pain is gone. As long as you have done some cold, you'll be fine to start up the BFST.

I'm wishing you all the best! Contact us if you need anything. We're always here to support you through your treatment.

Kind regards,
Amber

noname128

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »
Thank you Amber! Very helpful - I guess my last question is I want to make that the front-side ankel BFST will fit. My issue is on the side of the ankle - at basically the back corner of the foot. I see this wrap has an open 'heel' so could I still position it in a way to get enough coverage for that back 'corner' area to be effective? (I think my issue is the posterior tibal tendon and/or the calcaneofibular ligament)

Thanks,
Jim

helenr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 12:30:36 PM »
Hello Jim,

You may wish to consider looking at the Achilles Wraps.  Although they do predominantly cover the lower back of the calf (down to the heel) they do also cover the sides of the ankle.  This may help to target your injury more accurately.   

We wish you all the best with your recovery and please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

Kind regards,
Helen