Author Topic: First few days of BFST treatment  (Read 16600 times)

noname128

• View Profile
First few days of BFST treatment
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »
I purchased the achilles wrap and have used it three times a day for two days now. I notice the slight 'heat' sensation seems to last the whole way through the 20 minute session (but not unpleasent) and might actualy be having a little more pain. Is this most likely due to internal swelling? (I just had two cortisone shots over two weeks and was icing it each day, so I had hoped to take care of it)

Is it worth the discomfort to promote healing or should I just really return to cold for a while and come back and try again?

Tiffany

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: First few days of BFST treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 07:29:49 PM »
If you are experiencing more pain during or after the BFST treatment, it is due to internal inflammation.  You should stick to cold therapy for a while before promoting blood flow through the Achilles.  I recommend 4-5 days of continuous cold treatment before starting the BFST again.  Also, after any physical activity; walking, up and down stairs, etc., you should be applying cold afterwards to keep the inflammation down.  When you do return to the BFST, you should also continue the cold treatment throughout the day as well.  You want to keep the inflammation down to a minimum.  The BFST should not cause discomfort so by treating with both cold and BFST you are keeping the internal inflammation down which will allow the BFST to improve the circulation in the Achilles, promoting faster natural healing.

noname128

• View Profile
Re: First few days of BFST treatment
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:18 PM »
Thanks Tiffany, I'll give that a shot. :)