Author Topic: Achilles BFST - Insertional Achilles Tendonopathy  (Read 21547 times)

MPHCO

• View Profile
Achilles BFST - Insertional Achilles Tendonopathy
« on: May 02, 2016, 03:55:42 PM »
I've been suffering from insertional Achilles tendonitis/tendonosis and have been having a very tough time resolving the symptoms.  I have a couple of questions:

1) I notice that the Achilles BFST does not cover the heel where the Achilles attaches.   Does this have an impact on how effective the treatment is?  My pain is right at the insertion point on the heel bone.

2) Are there any stats on effectiveness of this device for treatment?

3) Do any users have experiences to share on using this to treat their Achilles tendon issues?

Thanks!

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Achilles BFST - Insertional Achilles Tendonopathy
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 06:15:47 PM »
Hi MPHCO, and thank you for your enquiry.

I'm sorry to hear of the pain you have been experiencing. Hopefully I can answer your questions and help with your treatment.

1.) Unfortunately we do not have a product that covers the insertion point completely. The BFST Achilles Wrap however, is still recommended for the treatment of this ailment. The Electro-magnetic energy that the wrap emits, sends a signal to draw blood flow into the entire surrounding area. As the cover of this wrap starts at the insertion point right above the heel, you will still receive full benefit/blood flow from this wrap. You still want to target the large part of your Achilles to get the increased circulation to flow entirely through.

Some customers are completely comfortable with the coverage the ColdCure Achilles Wrap gives for the insertion point, but the ones that aren't, we recommend simply flipping the gel pack upside down (outside of the mesh pocket, within the wrap), for full coverage behind and up the heel.

2 & 3.) Our stats lie entirely with customer feedback, which has been amazing. I have included our Ankle/Achilles Testimonial page below.

http://kingbrand.com/Testimonials.php?filter=Ankle#more

I wish you all the very best. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Amber

MPHCO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 05:12:17 PM »
Thanks for the reply. 

I have another question.  How do I know if it is working?  Not the actual healing, but the at the web is sending the enrgy out to the tissue?  At first I felt some slight heat but it is hard to always tell.  Just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:26:41 AM »
The heat is minimal and inconsistent through the levels.  As long as you are feeling a slight warming sensation, it is working.
As a comparison to a heating pad, if it was a hot heat, that would ultimately bring the blood flow to the surface of the skin away from the tissue that needs it.
Keep up with a good routine.  That is when you will notice the most improvement.