Author Topic: My second week BFST  (Read 30341 times)

KoCrm

• View Profile
My second week BFST
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »
Hello.. today has been my second week on the new BFST..  im not sure i can see a difference.. :(  I dont mind healing slowly but i do want to heal. Does this wrap also heal the patella ? My knee cap is maltracking.. haaaa im all messed up. :( 

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: My second week BFST
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Hi KoCrm. The most important thing with this treatment is to always ensure that the inflammation in the knee is down. If you are putting any strain on the knee daily, make sure to do some cold therapy right afterwards. I have included our 'Combination Therapy' instructions which outline how to combine the 2 treatments in order to get the best results.

http://kingbrand.com/Combination-Therapy.php

Some do take longer than others to start noticing an improvement. Keep up with the treatments and make sure to be resting it as much as possible.

Kind regards,
Amber

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
Hello Amber i will definitely keep up with this treatment.. i do believe it will help.  :D Im doing it on clock but i do back to back treatments late at night before bed.. thats when im very relaxed and im on my bed. :)  Thanks for guiding..  :-*

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 12:03:49 PM »
hi Amber.. i cant say for sure im seeing some benefits... but i dont know maybe im forcing my knee..  but it seems like if i dont go for walks or move more, that my right leg is slightly thinner then my left.. maybe 1/2 inch or so.  :( im praying that this injury gets resolved one day.  :-*

Desiree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 12:47:29 PM »
Hi KoCrm:

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling any improvement.  Have you considered Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), where there's something in your lifestyle that is repeatedly putting mild strain on your meniscus?  That daily activity can be regularly causing just a little more damage than your body is able to heal in the interim, even with BFST treatments.

I would encourage you to look at how your knee 'spends its day'.  It can really be surprising where the culprit activity comes from.  In people with frontal meniscus RSI there is a sizable number who find that they sit with their legs straight and ankles crossed the same way, day after day, not realizing that those hours at the desk or in front of the TV are hours crushing their meniscus. Do you typically sit with your knee crossed?  Do you do a sport or activity regularly that is repeatedly applying the same stress or requiring the same motion for that knee?  Look for the things that don't necessarily cause noticeable stress, but that are repetitive in nature or where your knee always finds itself 'resting' in the same position for extended periods of time.  What's resting for much of your leg may actually be a stressful position for your meniscus.

The BFST wrap is the correct product to promote tissue healing in your meniscus.  It is designed for that purpose, not symptomatic pain relief.  It can help your knee recover, but it cannot prevent whatever may be causing repetitive damage (if that's your situation).  With or without the BFST treatments I'd encourage you to keep looking for what may be the root cause of your nagging injury.

Keep trying to do 3 or 4 BFST treatments per day and continue icing if your knee feels sore after activity or even after standing for a long period of time.  Remember to wait about 45 minutes after icing before doing a BFST treatment so as to get the best result from both.

Desiree

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »
Hi Desiree..
I dont know about the repetative strain injury..  Do you think its just standing or walking ? Im afraid that if I stop all activity my muscles will waste. I know im also having issues with the kneecap. I wear a strap or tape my VMO muscle to keep the patella tracking correctly. This injury sucks..  :-X

Desiree

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
Hi KoCrm:

You do have to take it easy on the knee in order for the meniscus to heal.  Just make sure you are doing a BFST treatment before walking or standing for long periods of time and then cold treatment after to keep the swelling and inflammation under control.

Desiree

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 04:41:09 PM »
I will continue Desiree,,   8) I do the treatment 4 to 5 times everyday.. it might be the PT contributing to this sort of dull ache. I know my kneecap is not tracking, they mentioned on the MRI mild chondrosis of the trochlea..  but also said no abnormalities on the articular cartilage.  :-[