Author Topic: Just had surgery for a torn meniscus, what are my options?  (Read 43724 times)

JimCem99

• View Profile
Just had surgery for a torn meniscus, what are my options?
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:08:05 AM »
Hi,
   I just had surgery last week for a torn meniscus, and stitches taken out today. The orthopedic trimmed 20% and said it was a large tear. I did this running, and was supposed to do the NYC marathon. :'(

He said I can do some walking, light biking and swimming. Looking at the bfst wrap, and wondering when is best to get it and start using. Also wondering if anyone takes any supplements, and if they're worth taking. My knee has been fine since surgery, no real pain nor swelling.

Thanks!

Desiree

• View Profile
Re: Just had surgery for a torn meniscus, what are my options?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 02:44:52 PM »
Hi Jim,

Glad to hear that you are well on your way to healing!

Our products can help with your recovery.  As long as there is no swelling or inflammation you can start using the Knee BFST Wrap right away. 

You can heal much more quickly with the right treatment at home.  King Brand Healthcare Products are the innovators of Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy (BFST).  Blood flow brings oxygen and nutrient-rich blood to the injured area - a requirement for the body to heal itself.  Unfortunately blood flow is restricted while an injured meniscus is at rest, which in turn limits the body's ability to heal.  Physical activity will promote blood flow but all too often it also results in minor but frequent re-injury, which extends your healing time and greatly increases the amount of scar tissue that develops.  With a King Brand Knee BFST therapy device, blood flow can be stimulated in the injured meniscus area while you're at rest.  With improved blood flow, and without physical activity and the risk of re-injury, you can recover from your meniscus injury at a rapid rate.

Desiree

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
Jim

as far as supplements go--I do not have the same exact injury but I do have a torn TFCC (meniscus of the wrist)

the supplements that I'm on that help are

3 in 1 pill glucosimine, chondroitin, MSM--2 a day (i use the doctor's best brand on amazon)
Cissus RX---2 a day
Vitamin C--1-2 a day 500 mg
Fish oil--1 a day
Garlic--1 a day 1000mg

so far whats helped me the most is the BFST wrist wrap--but these supplements give your body the proper building blocks to help your body heal a ligament

good luck to you my friend--hopefully we're all pain free very soon!

stay postive!
hug your family!

peace
Tony

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 03:49:16 PM »
Hey i never knew there was a meniscus in a wrist..   ::)

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 04:31:46 PM »
yeah.. neither did I.... and wish I never knew--but now I understand the pinky side of the wrist is no joke--the ligaments tendons (namely the TFCC) there don't heal well--but the BFST has brought me very good results so far--hopefully it just keeps getting better!

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »
I must have that too because my fingers and thumbs hurt, elbows, shoulders..  etc.. i had a major injury at the gym.. last Febuary..  damn ..  I never felt good ever since. :(

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 08:21:14 PM »
Kocrm

get that BFST wrist wrap--it's that new hotness! I'm tellin' you it works--if you have a tfcc tear--you would feel pain on pinky side of wrist on or around ulna styloid when turning a doorknob (this was particularly painful right after the injury), gripping, weight bearing like push ups are a no no right now for me--it sucks!!! the pain at times radiates to my forearm--but thanks to the wrap--its a lot better--hopefully I can get back to working out again by the new year-not gonna rush it though.

Hopefully you don't a TFCC tear in addition to the knee meniscus--but get that wrap if it still hurts (just for reference, my thumb and fingers do not hurt at all--just in and around the ulna styoid is where the pain lies for me)

be safe
Tony

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
Hi i can feel the unla nerve at the elbow shifting over the bone..  and it numbs my pinky sometimes ..  damn.. and it gets stiff too..  If only i could go back into time, i swear i would not lift the weights that i did.  :-[

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »
Ko

Ulnar nerve entrapment? maybe

check out these ulnar nerve flossing vids

You'll be fine bro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85QKyWvrbI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjIwl333Bt0

Hopefully this info helps you

be safe

Tony
(PS I also wish I did not do what I did to get the TFCC tear--- arm wrestling--how stupid--I'm not 20 anymore!)

don't beat yourself up--OVERCOME!!!

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
Hi tlinares..  i sure hope so.. im doing the BFST now back to back..  before bed time. It feels like i got crushed. I dont know how to explain it. Thats the closest i can get to explaining the way that i feel. They did find some OA in my spine but they said mild.. and knee cap maltracking.. which does not help with the meniscus. Sad indeed..  Ill do those exercises to flush the unla nerve. Thanks  8)

JimCem99

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 12:56:58 AM »
Thanks, Desiree and Tony.

Looks like my thread got hijacked.  :-\