Author Topic: tfcc partial tear right wrist  (Read 207512 times)

tlinares

• View Profile
tfcc partial tear right wrist
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
Hello Kingbrand community!

I have a partial tfcc tear (meniscus homologue) in my right wrist--for going on 4-5 months now--been bracing with wrist widget for last 9 weeks with good results--although pain is definitely still there (not as bad as before). Have you guys had any success with wearing this BFST wrist wrap to reduce/eliminate pain while TFCC is healing--it feels ok as long as I'm doing very little, slowly--but the moment I start moving faster it acts up--and just wondering any experiences with this condition using the BFST--or what others thoughts are on the possibility of reducing/eliminating the pain with this product?--whats the time frame from the time i start using it to when i can start seeing some improvements? seems worth a shot--
any suggestions?

Thanks
Tony

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: tfcc partial tear right wrist
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:26:12 PM »
Tony,

Thank you so much in your interest in King Brand. By using the BFST product for your TFCC, it will promote and accelerate your healing process with regular use.  We always recommend treating with cold therapy to get and keep inflammation down to enable the blood to flow through more freely.  By keeping the inflammation down and using the BFST to stimulate nutrient rich blood flow through the affected area, you will see much quicker results compared to doing nothing.  Try to rest as much as possible and use more cold on the days it acts up.
It is hard to give you an idea on time frame for healing as there are so many variables.  It depends on how severe it is, your day to day activity as well as your commitment to the treatment.  With regular use you will see improvement and results within a couple weeks.  You will not be 100% healed, but you will more than confident you are on the right track.

For so many people it is worth a shot to use these products as we have seem great success for a variety of ailments and injuries.

We wish you all the best and please let us know if you have any further questions.  I have also included a link to more information on TFCC injuries and treatment.
http://kingbrand.com/Triangular-Fibrocartilage-Tears.php?REF=34PV192 

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:59:17 AM »
Ashley

thanks for your response--you mention in a couple weeks with proper use of BFST I will be on the right track to healing--my question I guess is-- should I also continue splinting with the Wrist Widget in between BFST treatments, or will that cut down blood flow? Mabe i'll just wear it a little looser as the splinting has been helping the healing process so far--anyways what is your professional recommendation?

Thanks
Tony

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »
Wearing braces definitely help throughout the healing process and I would recommend still using them as long as they are not tight enough to restrict any blood flow.  The purpose of the brace would be to help prevent over straining and re-injuring. You do not want to compress the wrist at all, you want to keep optimal blood flow through the area.

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »
Oh OK

sounds good--will do--also wanted to ask--I started prolotherapy about 2 weeks ago as I'm trying to eliminate the pain hopefully soon--do you think it's ok to use the BFST in conjunction with the prolo? I will be going in for my 2nd round of prolo in approx 2 weeks

thanks again
tony

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
BFST will not interfere with the prolotherapy.  However, after this I would assume you would need to use cold therapy to get the inflammation down after any injections.  Talk with your physical therapist regarding the time expectation after a treatment before you start stimulating the blood flow again.  I would assume at least 48-72 hours.

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »
I assumed the same, except for prolo--the DR told me to not ice it--let the initial healing phase take place then use heat and fish oil--I have to ask him tough if i tweak it or anything after the first 72 hours I should be able to use the ice--I'd assume so--but with this injury--its tough
thanks

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 03:23:37 PM »
just a quick update: going in for 3rd appt with PT today---hopefully this gets better soon-been using bfst everyday for the last 2 weeks-4 times a day and it feels better when in the brace, but not getting too much better overall--maybe I'll try a little more ice from here on out--trying to minimize the ice as doc says it's no good for the prolotherapy--I'm hoping only 1 more prolo shot (that would make it 3 shots overall) and then probably discontinuing that treatment and going with ice and bfst the rest of the way--for what its worth the doc did mention my tear was healing up a bit from 1st appt to 2nd appt--where I first began using BFST

The PT has made me stronger and lessened some pain, but there is still pain left--hopefully I can get to pain free soon

get better soon everybody!

you are in my prayers--please pray for me too.

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:02:10 PM »
Thank you for the update.  We always like hearing the progress of our customers.
Good luck going forward!

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 12:46:26 PM »
Wanted to note that I am trending upward and I do believe the BFST brace to be of help, especially after PT--where it definitely calms the area down, and i do feel better overall since using it, just still have good days and bad days.

Thanks KB community!
Get well soon everybody!

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 07:24:46 PM »
UPDATE: 2016 new year, new wrist???--thanks to King Brand, my (significant)partial TFCC tear is still not 100% but after 3-4 months of the BFST wrist brace 3-4 times a day, I'm inching closer, feel much better now--this BFST wrist wrap for sure works!!

last time I went to the doctor he said I was making "profound" progress with the injury and could see healing on the sonogram--that was 2 months ago, and I feel much better now. Not done yet but hopefully with another couple months treatment, this nasty injury will be truly behind me.

Thank You KB for a life changing product--I shoveled 2+ feet of snow last weekend and felt pretty good. Only thing my left forearm now is very sore as well nothing major, but it doesn't feel great--guess I'll use BFST for this injury too now!

I was skeptical, but seeing the progress I've made, I'm now hopeful and thankful!

Thanks Again KB
Feel better everybody!
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 07:39:17 PM »
Also don't underestimate the power of physical therapy, as that stretching and strengthening has been a huge help as well. Also taking fish oil, 3in 1 Gluc chond msm, turmeric, vitamin C. All this in combination with the BFST wrist wrap has been great--Have NOT taken an OTC anti inflammatory drug. Used ice sparingly (mainly after PT) as ice and anti inflammatories (for long term injuries, ice is still good for injuries that just happened) interfere with your body's normal healing process. Also self massage and keep the faith. KB has showed me we can heal ourselves! (with the right tools)

Best of health to all in 2016!
Thanks KB!

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 09:21:24 AM »
That is so wonderful to hear! Thank you so much tlinares for sharing your progress and updates with us!! We love hearing about our customer's progress and any feedback given.

So that other customers can benefit from your experience, we would love the chance to use your comments, for use on either our website or within other promotional and advertising materials. Please be advised that this is completely optional and it will be your name and state only that would be included with your review. All other personal information will be kept confidential. Can we share your results?

Kindest regards,
Amber

tlinares

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »
I have a question--over the last few weeks I've noticed that there is a plastic piece inside the BFST wrist wrap and when I wrap it around my wrist it touches the area that's injured and oftentimes as it rubs against my tfcc area it is painful--Lately I've been trying to wrap at an angle to avoid having the little plastic piece rub right against the most painful part of my injury--Is there another way around this? and what is that littles plastic piece--can it be taken out? I'm assuming no

Thanks
despite all this I've definitely seen improvement---just want to maximize it as there is still def pain

Tony

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »
Tony,

I am not sure what you mean by a small plastic piece but I do know you should not be removing anything from the energy web.  All internal pieces of the web have a purpose and probably would not work if tampered with and would also void your 1 year warranty.
My only suggestion would be to try to manoeuvre the wrap and wear it in a different way to not have that piece over your injury.  The BFST stimulates the blood flow through that surrounding area so, if it is slightly off the injured spot it should still be beneficial.
Best of luck. Let us know if any further questions.

Kind Regards