Author Topic: Ice  (Read 39283 times)

KoCrm

• View Profile
Ice
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:34:00 PM »
Hi guys can i just use ice for the cold cure.. my knee is not inflamed at all..  i measure it everyday and compare it with the left one. Im just trying to cut down on some expense if i do order it soon.  :'(

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Ice
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 10:07:32 AM »
Hi KoCrm.

Yes you can use any form of cold therapy, but make sure to follow the same instructions:

1. You should never use any cold pack directly on the skin if it has been stored in a freezer or is below the freezing temperature of water.  Serious injury can result if you use freezer temperature cold packs of ANY type directly on your skin.

2. If cold therapy becomes uncomfortable, remove the wrap for a few minutes, then re-apply.

3. Rest during your treatment, if possible, to maximize RCCE™ - Rest, Cold Compression, and Elevation for optimal treatment. After your treatment is over (ideally 15-20 minutes, 10 minutes in areas with limited fat or muscle), remove the wrap.

http://kingbrand.com/Importance-Of-Cold-Therapy.php

Wish you all the best!

Kind regards,
Amber

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »
Thanks Amber..  i am beginning PT tmrow... ill let you know about ordering.. apparently my PT said that a meniscus once torn cannot heal.. Who do i believe ?.. grrrr    gawddd everything is soooo confusing.. :(

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
I know KoCrm it can be confusing, especially with the amount of information out there. The main thing to remember is that the meniscus is living tissue, and therefore must get some blood flow. It is true however, that the meniscus gets very little blood flow. This is why knee injuries tend to take the longest to heal. Our BFST simply speeds up this process.  It promotes more blood blow to the area which means more nutrients and more oxygen to help it heal at an accelerated rate.

Good luck with your PT. Remember to ice it after each session.

Kind regards,
Amber

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 08:09:37 PM »
Hi Amber..   8) im hanging in there.. but my leg feels stiff. I was told that the tear is on the posterior horn which is in the back side medial side... and its a 12 mm tear. What are my chandes of this tear to heal.. plus they told me some blunting on the medial joint line. Im so depressed right now.   :-\ :-X :-[ :'( :(

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
I am sorry to hear that KoCrm.

Please follow what your doctor thinks is the best method for you and your ailment. I wish you all the very best with whatever treatment you decide on. Keep you head up and try to stay positive.

Kindest regards,
Amber

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 02:49:04 PM »
Hello Amber.. it was a pleasure talking to you.. :)

check this video which i was talking about..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP1Vv5Bzw_Q

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
It was a pleasure speaking to you too :)

Thank you for posting that video. It makes a lot of sense. Will look into it further.

All the best.
Amber

KoCrm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »
Hi Amber i recieved the BFST package..  wow took 2 days, that was fast. Iv been trying to reach you, but seems your kinda busy, just wanted to ask some questions. Talk soon take care :)