Author Topic: Tfcc partial tears  (Read 21435 times)

Tfcc tears

• View Profile
Tfcc partial tears
« on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »
I have tfcc tears on both wrists (50%) and probably tendinitis too on left side. Had microsurgery on left side 3 months ago. I seem to be constantly re-injuring wrists as any physio seems to cause inflammation. I receive my order - cold cure and bfst wrap in a few days. Read everything on website.

Questions
Is it wrong to use cold cure all day long (20mins on and off). Not working at the moment (school teacher). I tend to do too much and make things worse (dealing with injuries for 6 months now with no improvement ). Once my swelling is down, I plan to do bfst all day too. (On and off ) Bad idea?

Any advice/ videos on how to apply  kb tape a tfcc wrist injuries?

Any specific tips to deal with TFCC tears that are not on website?

Excited to hopefully get on road to recovery once I receive my order.
Thanks for any replies

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Tfcc partial tears
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 10:50:31 AM »
Sorry to hear about your injury. No, there is nothing wrong with doing cold all day.  However, just be sure to give yourself breaks in between long enough to regulate your blood flow again.  Cold slows it down and constant cold can cause the area to stiffen up and reduced blood

Once you start the BFST, a 20 minute treatment stimulates the blood flow for a good 3-4 hours afterwards.  Doing one treatment every 4 hours is sufficient to get optimal blood flow throughout the day. If you want to do more, that is fine but if you ever feel discomfort, that is a sign you are over doing it.  More treatments do not necessarily mean quicker healing. You need to condition your wrist to get used to the promoted blood flow.  I would recommend starting slowly and building yourself up.

In terms of how to tape, I would recommend going to YouTube and search how to tape TFCC injuries as there are many ways to tape the area.  Do what works for you. 
As for other tips, just try to rest and really listen to your body.  Any time you are in more pain than normal, go back to the cold when needed. When feeling better, keep a routine of the BFST.  When doing PT, you may benefit from a BFST treatment before and be sure to put cold on after.

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We wish you all the best in your recovery.

tlinares

• View Profile
Re: Tfcc partial tears
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 01:33:36 PM »
hey tfcc tears

how are you feeling? I have a simlar TFCC injury and was wondering how's the BFST treatment gone for you?--bout to start min when i receive the package hopefully in a couple days or sooner

Hope your feeling better! keep us updated--- I will to

thanks
Tony