Author Topic: Minor Lateral Meniscus tear  (Read 21922 times)

justreal

• View Profile
Minor Lateral Meniscus tear
« on: May 14, 2015, 03:50:44 PM »
Hi,

I have a minor lateral tear in my menicus on the left side of my left knee, its about 5mm. will the use of the Cold Cure wrap and BFST help heal my knee?
In how much time approximately?

i will be using the BFST at least 3 times a day and the Cold Cure at least 2 times a day. Oh and can I work with the cold wrap, I'm a cook. :)

Thank you for your help!!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:11:52 PM by justreal »

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Minor Lateral Meniscus tear
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 06:07:02 PM »
The body does have an amazing ability to heal itself and as long as it is not a full tear you have a good chance of healing.  The healing and recovery times vary from person to person depending on your day to day activity and commitment to the treatment.  Either way, we are confident you will see improvements within a couple weeks.

With being a cook, it is probably a good idea to wear the wrap to help prevent over straining while working.  Being on your feet all day and the twisting and turning you do can be hard on the knee.  Even if you didn't want to wear the Cold packs while working, you can wear the wrap only or consider our support tape as well. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

justreal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:20:45 PM »
Yes I do put in 10hrs a day and it doesn't help too much when I'm trying to give it the rest that it needs, but do try my best.

The only thing is, that after I hurt it during a hockey game, I gave 3 weeks rest but it wasn't enough and was in pain again after playing again, then I played after 3-4 weeks but still the pain came back...so now I'm worried I didn't do any further damage, maybe not but...it's getting better now but taking more time.

Now I stopped playing for about 2 1/2 weeks and won't go back till September and I'll be on vacation for 2 month. So from now til Sept I have about 4 month no activities

Will 4 month do the healing??

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:32:09 PM »
I would like to say yes, but there is really no way to know for sure.  It will be a sensitive part on your body for a long time.  You have to be careful going forward.  You do not want to go through the whole healing process to ultimately re injure the area.
When you get back into activity, do a BFST treatment before playing and then ColdCure immediately after.  This will help warm up the area to help prevent against over straining and the cold right away will help prevent inflammation from building up. 

justreal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 10:13:09 PM »
i just received the cold wrap and 2 rolls of tape today, and started the wrap waited 30 min and then the BFST.

The tape i can wear all day as well right?

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »
Yes, you can wear the tape as long as it lasts. You can still do your cold and BFST treatments overs it.

justreal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!  :D