Author Topic: FHL tendinitis  (Read 17830 times)

chapoupi

• View Profile
FHL tendinitis
« on: April 24, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
Pain on the left foot: I had an MRI a month ago which showed excess fluid within the tendinous sheath of the flexor hallucis longus all the way to the distal attachment point of the tendon. In addition, there is intrinsic hyperintensity and mild expansion of the tendon itself keeping with tendinitis and tenosynovitis. The most affected part of the tendon is at the level of the navicular where it crosses the flexor digitorum longus tendon.The rest of the foot apeears unremarkable with no evidenceof degenerative changes of the joint disease.

Iam a triathlete and I was advised to stop running but my foot has stil not fully recovered. I did order the  Foot ColdCure® Wrap , what else do you suggest. I need to get the fastest back to training.

Patricia

• View Profile
    • King Brand
Re: FHL tendinitis
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 02:25:29 PM »
Hello chapoupi,

I would recommend even more strict guidelines, above just not running, if you wish to get back to training quickly.  The key would be to avoid causing further damage. 
If at all possible, I would suggest that you stay off that leg completely, even if it means using crutches for the time being.  Treatment can be successful, but strict compliance is strongly recommended. 

The R.C.C.E. regime should be followed initially until the inflammation is under control. You have started with our cold wrap which is important to decrease the inflammation.  The next step will be to increase the bloodflow to speed up the healing process by using the BFST Plantar wrap. BFST treatments are designed to heal your injury or condition by increasing blood flow deep within the soft tissue. The BFST is a diathermic device which emits electromagnetic energy, which is a radiant energy (frequency/waves), that penetrates deep down to increase blood flow and to draw nutrient-rich, oxygenated blood to the affected area, thereby promoting the body's natural healing process.  Treatments would be 20 minutes in duration approximately every 3-4 hours (or as you can fit it throughout your daily schedule).  Using our KB Support Tape for ongoing compression and protection between BFST treatments, and the overnight period will also help.  Basically you would want to follow the regimen until activity is pain free and there is no increase in symptoms. 

Although you want to get back to training, you cannot rush the healing process.  You can speed it up by following the above recommendations but getting back in the game prematurely can cause reinjury.  You definitely don't want to cause any permanent damage that could impact your ability to resume training.

Please do not hesitate to contact any of our Treatment Advisors with any further questions.

Kind regards,

Patricia
service@kingbrand.com
1-844-400-2525