Author Topic: BFST good for stress fracture?  (Read 23172 times)

shigh44

• View Profile
BFST good for stress fracture?
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:52:05 AM »
I bought the cold cure and BFST for a problem I was having with my right knee. My surgeon wanted to do a diagnostic scope, even though an MRI showed no problem with the knee. Yet my pain on the outside of the knee was persistent for about 3 months. So I have used the BFST for a few weeks and that seems to be helping with the pain in the knee joint, so this is good! But I was still having pain on the outside of my knee. Upon further close inspection of the MRI, my doctor found a stress fracture near the top of my fibula. I am back on crutches, which helps with the pain I get when walking on that leg. But if this isn't better in a couple of weeks, he says he is going to try to find me a bone stimulator to try to speed the healing of the stress fracture. My question is, would the BFST help stimulate bone growth? I could simply twist the BFST to the outside of my knee and it would be right on the spot of the stress fracture. But I don't want to try that if it will make the stress fracture worse. Any information on this would be helpful! Thank you!

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: BFST good for stress fracture?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:36:02 AM »
Hi shigh44. I am happy to hear the BFST has been helping relieve some of the pain you have been experiencing. Unfortunately, when it comes to your fracture, the BFST won't be able to stimulate bone growth. The BFST works by stimulating blood flow in and through soft tissue only. This will however, as you have already been experiencing, help heal the surrounding soft tissue that may have been stressed/damaged during the fracture. It will not make the fracture worse in any way, so treatments on and around the area will not affect you negatively. Increased circulation to the knee area is always beneficial as it is the one area in our body that gets very minimal blood flow.

I hope I have been able to answer your questions. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Customer Service: 1-877-661-5239

Kind regards,
Amber