Author Topic: Any efficacy research?  (Read 14703 times)

WJ

• View Profile
Any efficacy research?
« on: December 04, 2013, 12:02:52 AM »
As a recent MCL inury sufferer, what you write about your BSFT is, by all means, appealing. What troubles me is that on your entire site (rest assured, I searched), I can't find a single reference to efficacy research lending support for your claims of accelerated or superior healing. Has any independent research been done comparing healing rates and outcomes using your BSFT-based products to standard rehabilitation protocols alone?

Thank you. I'm genuinely interested. But I can't go based on untested claims alone.

Kyle

• King Brand Advisor
  • King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Any efficacy research?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 01:17:21 PM »
Hi WJ,

We try to avoid getting “tunnel vision” with regards to how the BFST works, the important thing is that it does work. Most Aspirin customers don’t care how it will cure their headache they just know it will, we find that we can use our time better if we focus on the end results and customer needs. You are right we don’t advertise the research behind the products as a lot of that is proprietary information, the closest thing on the website to what you are looking for is on the customer reviews page where people have confirmed that the products do work.

Kyle
Service@KingBrand.com
1-877-661-5239
1-877-677-9973

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Any efficacy research?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 03:27:49 PM »
Hi WJ,

Thank you for your question.  We sincerely appreciate your interest in our products.

You have asked a great question which is loaded with issues that we are trying to work through ourselves.  You identified one of the biggest issues in your post, probably without even realizing it.  What do you consider "standard rehabilitation protocols alone"?  Is that doing nothing at all?  Is it phyisio?  If so what kinds with what therapies?  And for what conditions?  And for what parts of the body?  And for what grade of injury?  The scope of conditions is overwhelming and it is difficult to publish meaningful data that reaches the breadth of audience.  It is also prohibitively expensive to do unique studies on each condition.

We are currently working on an application that will allow all users of our products and non-users to participate in submitting data just for the purpose you describe.  We will allow people to identify their ailment and the treatment they are using.  They can then provide regular updates on their progress and that data will become visible to everyone (no personal identification information will be collected or reported).  In time this will hopefully give us a broad set of data to reveal to everyone what works best for people in their condition.  Hopefully this will be out in a few months time.

You asked specifically about BFST.  BFST stands for Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy.  Fundamentally this technology runs on the premise that, in the indicated conditions that we recommend it, increasing blood flow is demonstrated by tons of independent research to improve healing.  If increased blood flow to the area won't help, BFST most likely won't help.  If increased blood flow is desirable, then BFST is an excellent choice.  It is important at this point to understand how we design BFST products.  We don't develop BFST products specifically for a single condition such as your MCL injury.  We design and constantly redesign BFST products to improve blood flow beneath the skin and that's it.  We are confident that if we can make the best possible device at improving sub-dermal circulation, the benefits will be realized in the areas that are applicable. 

We spend a lot of time and money constantly improving our products.  The BFST and ColdCure devices we sell today are better than the ones we sold two years ago.  By better, I mean the BFST Energy Web is better at stimulating blood flow in deep tissue and the ColdCure gel has more cold capacity and better thermal transfer characteristics.  The versions from 2 years ago were better than the ones from 4 years ago, and the ones next year will be better than last year.  Our technology is constantly getting better.  I can tell you for sure that if you want to stimulate your circulation, the BFST product we offer is the best product we can devise after many years of constant research and re-engineering.  And with great certainty I can tell you there is no other company or product that has anywhere near the level of expertise and experience we have in this arena.  Whether your particular MCL injury will recover faster with even more blood flow is a question your physician is better qualified to answer.

I respect your diligence in looking for studies.  There is a lot of mis-information online.  This is a big issue for us as well.  There are many companies selling products that do no good, and in some cases even make conditions worse.  I could give you a long list of products that are commonly used but are nothing more than placebos and, sadly, in too many cases can make a person's condition worse.  How many times have you seen something marketed with the trailer "the preceding product has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to treat, cure, or heal any disease" or something to that effect.  Yet people buy them in droves anyway.  It's very distressing.  We are not one of those companies.  Our BFST product is an FDA registered medical device and that means a lot to you.

The FDA is here to protect you and look out for your best interests.  The FDA (and related ISO standards) rules that govern our product REQUIRE that proof of efficacy exists.  FDA rules REQUIRE that our products are safe.  FDA rules REQUIRE that we maintain very high standards of testing and manufacturing and materials quality.  FDA rules REQUIRE that everything that matters is documented and signed and traceable.  When the FDA came for their routine audit last spring they came and stayed for an entire week.  We were inspected very intensely and you can be sure that they made sure that we complied with ALL of the rules that are there to protect you.  They went through tons of records and documentation.  Before they even got here they had examined and printed out what looked like our entire website to understand the claims we are making.  The US government has checked us out for you to make sure we are legit.  We're not special, all manufacturers of FDA devices get inspected.  That's why so few companies are FDA registered, because you can only pass if you are a legitimate company manufacturing legitimate products to a very high standard.  FDA registration means a lot.  I would hope any time you use any product or medicine to help with a medical condition you always check to see if the treatment is FDA registered.  If it isn't (and it might surprise you how often this is the case) then it's probably a waste of your time and money.

WJ, I'm sorry I can't turn around a say, "yes, here's a study on BFST and grade I laterally torn MCL injuries".  I can only tell you that the BFST Knee Device will certainly stimulate blood flow in your MCL and surrounding tissue.  I don't know the specifics of your condition so I would be irresponsible to definitively prescribe your treatment.  If your physician feels that blood flow stimulation would be beneficial in your case, I strongly recommend this product.  In this case, you would not be going on untested claims alone, the FDA has been here on your behalf to look out for your best interests.

Thanks again for considering our product.