Author Topic: tear in medial meniscus needs surgery?  (Read 22540 times)

dogbone

• View Profile
tear in medial meniscus needs surgery?
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »
My ortho did an MRI and said my left knee has an old medial meniscus tear associated with a cyst. He said he could do quick surgery involving 3 holes in my knee to clean up the tear and examine my knee and that the surgery would take 20-30 mins and that I would be able to walk immediately afterwards and all healed in a few days. Now my knee acts up if I walk too much or attempt certain twisting motions such as in yoga, and the PT can press on certain points which really hurt. Should I get the surgery? Should I get these products in hope that they will actually heal the tear? The doc says as long as there is a tear in there it will continually be aggravated and then there is this cyst which I am assuming is there because this tear has been there a long time. The nurse also told me there is no blood flow there.  What to do?

ryderspink

• View Profile
Re: tear in medial meniscus needs surgery?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:59:07 PM »
  How long does it take to get an answer?
I am much like you.  My doctor and I decided to delay surgery of my meniscus tear for 3 reasons:
1)  Only 70% found pain relief with surgery
2)  The torn part will eventually break away....which is what the surgery would do, ie: removal of the tear
3)  I have degenerative bone disease in my knee, so I will be a candidate for knee replacement surgery in a few years.
While searching "meniscus tear" I found Kingbrand.  My knee pain is unbearable!  My doctor does not believe in pain meds.  The Aleve I used to take no longer works.
I am extremely hopeful the two products will work.  I'll let you know what happens.

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 03:08:53 PM »
Hi dogbone, and ryderspink,

Thanks for both of your posts!

I will start by answering dogbone's questions.

Depending on the location and type of cyst, it could be obstructing the tear from healing itself, and receiving the proper blood flow; further information would be needed before we would recommend a product to you. As for your meniscus tear, the BFST Knee would be excellent for treating the tear and your low blood flow issue. The knee is historically a low blood flow area, and the BFST would assist in supplying a healthy amount of blood flow. The BFST and ColdCure in combination would be excellent for treating your knee issues, as well as helping to prevent further re-injury both pre and post surgery.

ryderspink,

Your doctor is a smart person; using pain meds will only mask the issue, and can add to scar tissue build up, which is not a good thing.

Let us know how your treatment goes, we love hearing feed back from our customers!

Thanks for both of your posts, and if either of you need anymore information please contact us toll free at 1-877-661-5239.

CS

Phx doc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
I am a 50 year old male physician in overall good health.  I very active, spending as much time as I can rock climbing, mountain biking and hiking.  Last June, I injured my left knee and rehabilitated it with traditional prolotherapy, PRP and neural prolo injections.  Over a two month period I was able to regain 90 percent of range of motion and was able to enjoy my activities with very little or no pain. 

Approximately two weeks ago I re-injured the same knee and the results were more debilitating.  I was experiencing pain on a scale of 4-8 (1-10 scale) whenever I walked a short distance or stood on my feet for more than a couple minutes.  I had an ultrasound of the knee and was diagnosed with a full tear of the medial meniscus and was told I would need surgery.  I was not interested in surgery as I felt the meniscus removal may not successfully remove the pain and would decrease the stability of the knee.  This would lead to further degeneration of the cartilage surface and potentially lead to a knee replacement. 

I ordered the BFST and the cold cure knee wraps and have used them for the last two days.  I have averaged about 10-12 sessions/day with the BFST and I am excited about the results I've already experienced.  After the first day, my knee pain was reduced down to a 1 or 2 on the pain scale.  On the second day, I decided to go for an easy mountain bike ride and promised myself I'd stop if I experienced pain.  I road 15 miles on an easy train with just 800 foot elevation gain, but the knee held up without pain, weakness, or stiffness.  After the ride, I used the cold cure for three sessions.  Today, I am pain free.   I know the meniscus has not already healed, but I will continue the therapy for two more months and then have another ultrasound to check on the healing of the tissue.  I will report back. 

Thank you for a wonderfully safe and effective product.  I was very skeptical of the glowing testimonials on your website and now I'm one of them. As I doctor specializing in anti-aging and non-surgical joint repair, I am excited to share your products with my patients and have already referred a number of to your website. 

Thanks again,

Dr. William Nelson
Phoenix, AZ

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
Dr. William Nelson,

Thank you so much for your kind words and glowing testimonial. We do appreciate hearing back from customers and their successes. We cannot wait to hear back after your 2 month appointment, we are very excited for the results!

Thank you again for posting!

crm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:29:20 AM »
It has been almost a year since all of you posted. How is it going???? Does anyone have any comments after trying this product for a significant period of time??? It doesn't matter much what happened after you put it on for two days. Tell us the results after six months or a year.