Author Topic: Questions & Answers About Our Productd  (Read 57845 times)

alk

• View Profile
Questions & Answers About Our Productd
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:28:06 PM »
qWhat is the stimulating energy you speak of in the description of your product? is it electric shock?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: Questions & Answers About Our Productd
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
Hi alk, the blood flow stimulation is a result of the electromagnetic energy the wrap products after being plugged into an outlet. Each treatments lasts 20 minutes and increases your blood flow upwards to 4 hours. This is a non-aggressive treatment as you will only experience warmth as a by product of the treatment itself. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

walkbrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
What range of frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum do the BFST products produce?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
Hi walkbrand,

Thanks for posting!

Our Energy Webs provide therapy in the ultra-safe bands of the EMF spectrum and at very safe power levels.  In terms of safety, we're right there in the 'sweet spot' which is why our BFST treatments can be used as over-the-counter medical devices for patients and conditions that might not be suitable to other forms of therapy.

Our BFST Products are in the non-ionizing range of the spectrum and do not cause molecular change. Perfectly safe for human contact and usage.

Thanks for your post!

CS

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 06:00:16 PM »
To be clear, our product is NOT a Tens machine.  It is not electric shock or micro-current or anything that puts electricity through your body.  It is very safe.  It is very comfortable and the treatments are soothing.

Some people feel a bit of a tingling sensation in their muscles under the treatment area, but this is not common and only ever very slight.  Usually people feel a warming sensation after a few minutes.  It is not like a heating pad that gets hot on the surface, the warming sensation is in your tissue.  The surface of the energy web will get warm during treatment but not hot.

When you use your BFST the first time you should use it on the lowest setting.  You will feel moderate heating of your body.  After several days of using your BFST on low, you will stop feeling the warming sensation and start wondering if the unit is even on.  This is a good sign.  This means your circulation has improved remarkably and your blood is flowing well enough that there is no longer any heat build up.  When this happens, it is now time to move up one treatment level.  When you move to treatment level 2 the first time you will feel the heating sensation return during treatments.

Most people don't get to the point at level 2 where the warming sensation is no longer noticeable.  If you do get to that point on level 2, it is time to move to level 3 for subsequent treatments. 

There is no benefit in going up in levels too quickly.  In fact, if you move up too quickly and you feel significant warmth, then you are actually not getting as good a treatment as if it is just slightly warm.  If your arm gets too warm, then the extra blood flow starts to increase at the skin level and that steals the energy that you are trying to get to the deep tissue.  Hotter is not better.  Start on low and only move your treatments to the next level when the warming sensation is not so noticeable anymore.

I hope this helps.

rower

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
What range of frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum do the BFST products produce?

I have the same question, and your answer that it was in "the ultra safe" area doesn't really answer the question. As an electrical engineer who has worked in the medical device industry as well as RF/Microwave industry I'm curious to know more about precisely what is going on with your device before I purchase one.

I'm going to assume that we're talking RF here (not uW), but at what frequency? Are you using pulsed or CW?  Would I be correct in guessing that this is a 27 MHz (well, actually 27.12 MHz) device? And is it a dielectric or inductive device?

I'm working on a pesky shoulder issue that's been troubling me a couple of years now, and while I'd like to believe that your products would be helpful, the natural engineering cynic sees the term "Energy Web" and just has to get more information!

Thanks

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions & Answers About Our Products
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 01:34:49 PM »
Hi Rower,

I'm an EE too.  I can appreciate your curiosity.  The product is well above the frequency used by SW.  I know you can also appreciate that one stat doesn't make the device.  If I said it was in the Radio or Microwave or Infrared or Visible spectrum would it make a difference?  If I said one of those, would it make a difference if it was at the top middle or low end of the spectrum?  What if it was a combination of spectrums or the waveform was non-sinusoidal?  Does it really matter?  What matters is what the product can do to help people get better.

The reason we're so evasive isn't because we have something to hide, but because we don't want people getting focused on one particular aspect of the product and lose sight of what it will do.  BFST isn't about one specification being correct, it is about a multitude of design parameters working together to give an optimal result.  How the energy is channeled is equally important.  So is the energy density.  There are many elements that matter, not just one.

This is where the FDA registration as a Class II medical device is so important.  We didn't just fill out a form to get this.  We have been through a rigorous site inspection and review of our documentation and engineering and manufacturing.  We don't just have a rubber stamp, we are not just some consumer good like all the other products you see sold online with small print disclaimers.  We are a legitimate medical devices company making legitimate products with clear claims (no disclaimers).

People don't often ask about the material.  Our material is ISO 10993 certified for biocompatibility.  That is a very big deal.  When you look at all the other cold wraps out there, NONE of them are 10993.  Other manufacturers use much lower quality materials that wouldn't even meet the standards for garments used next to the skin let alone a medical grade fabric.  This is just 1 example of many why KB products are valuable to the end user.  I'd hate for people to think it is all about 1 specification alone.

I know this answer is still evasive, but I hope you understand why.  We don't explain all the engineering details to our CS people because it's really not practical to try to educate them on all the intricacies of the device.  We try to focus on the end results that people can expect and proper education on how to use the products.  Focusing on the things that can impact the results is really where we want to spend our time.

Thanks again for your questions.

bobr33543

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »
To answer your question, I did some testing on the King Brand BFST device, specifically the one designed for foot injuries. I purchased the device to hopefully heal Plantar Fasciitis which I have been suffering with for the past four months. I believe that all of the BFST devices are virtually designed electronically similarly, but are physically engineered to address different areas of the body. I am also an electronics engineer, and I do not work for King Brand.

The test was done using just a small coil of wire connected to an oscilloscope. The coil of wire was placed directly on the flexible 'energy web' as King Brand calls it. I started with the 'energy web' unplugged, then connected it to the power controller, then stepped it up through low, medium, and high (1,2,3). Waveforms NOT consistent with 60 HZ (60 cycles per second) household electrical were detected on the scope only when the energy web was connected to the controller, and increased in magnitude as the controller was shifted from position 1 through position 3.

I have seen a few posts saying that the BFST is just a high-priced heating pad. Although it may get warm to the touch, especially on the high setting, it is definitely NOT just a heating pad. According to my tests, the BFST generates a pulsed sinusoidal waveform at about 10 MHz (10 million cycles per second). This is a radio frequency located in the HF (high frequency band). The pulsing rate is at about 200 KHz (200,000 pulses of 10 MHz per second).

I have tried just about everything else for my condition, and today is the first day of using it. I will post again after a few weeks of using it. I am very hopeful that it will work.