Author Topic: RE: torn meniscus, left knee  (Read 64571 times)

Pampullen

• View Profile
RE: torn meniscus, left knee
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:05:25 AM »
I just got my MRI results and I have a small tear in the meniscus on my left knee along with a lot of inflammation which has been so painful I have trouble walking or moving very well.  The doctor wanted to do injections of lubricant into my knee for five weeks to take down inflammation and help with healing and if that doesn't work, surgery.  I don't want the injections so told him I want to try on my own to get it to heal so have been using cold packs and elevating as much as possible.  I ordered your knee cold wrap and hope it arrives soon.  Do you think it can heal without shots and just by using the cold wrap you sell so I can avoid anything invasive?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: RE: torn meniscus, left knee
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »
Hi Pampullen,

Thanks for your post!

Our ColdCure Knee wrap is greatly effective at reducing the amount of inflammation in the knee area. In the majority of cases, we recommend at least 48 hours of ColdCure treatments, but it sounds like you have a vast amount of inflammation. We would recommend that you use our ColdCure Knee wrap for at least a 4 day period continuously, then after that as needed.

As for healing your meniscus tear, our ColdCure Knee wrap would not be effective for actually beginning the healing process, as our ColdCure products treat pain, swelling and inflammation; if you are looking to heal your meniscus naturally, you should be treating with our BFST Knee wrap. 

Our Blood Flow Stimulation Therapy Knee wrap will stimulate your blood flow, bringing high amounts of oxygen and nutrients to your meniscus, stimulating your bodies natural ability to heal. The ColdCure Knee is a great start for the healing process, by controlling the swelling and inflammation, however the BFST Knee wrap is what your looking for to really heal your meniscus tear.

If you have any questions about the ColdCure and BFST lines, feel free to call us toll free at 1-877-661-5239. We are available 7 days per week from 8am-midnight EST.

CS 

Pampullen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:20:55 AM »
I have a TENS unit at home which I used for my carpal tunnel problem in the past.  Would this do the same thing as your product you recommend to bring better circulation, etc.?  I really don't want to spend another large chunk of change on something if my TENS unit would do the trick.
I did receive the cold wrap today and used it for several hours, changing the cold pack every half hour.  The cold feels great but it is hard to walk around with the wrap on.  I did it exactly like it shows but my knee cap doesn't stick up thru the hole and it is hard for me to get a solid fit, is this normal?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »
Hi Pampullen,

The TENS unit is great for managing chronic pain by relieving muscle tension but it will not increase your blood circulation to prevent numbness etc. which is related to Carpal Tunnel. Our BFST Wrist Wrap would help bring more blood flow into your wrist to resolve your carpal tunnel syndrome meanwhile getting rid of the numbness, discomfort or tingling sensation you may be experiencing in your fingers.

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 06:10:26 PM »
Hi Pampullen,

I would caution you against the use of a TENS machine for a meniscus tear.  A TENS machine shocks your body with the intent of 'deadening' your nerves so you don't feel the pain.  It does not help you heal.  Carpal Tunnel is a nerve related ailment so your TENS machine would have been effective at numbing your median nerve but it would not have healed it.

In the case of a Meniscus tear, you should be careful.  The shocks from a TENS machine can cause your muscles to suddenly contract, often they contract with every shock cycle of the TENS.  This sudden flinching of the muscles can possibly put undue shock stress on your meniscus and possibly worsen the tear.  Of course, for the best advice you should discuss your options with your physician.  He/she knows your situation best.

a BFST items does not shock you like a TENS machine.  It is very soothing and is more likely to relax your joint than cause it to experience more stress.  The two treatments are entirely different.

I hope this helps.

crm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 09:31:38 AM »
Again here it is almost a year later. Did you get any result with these products?? Of course the moderator is going to say try the product. What the rest of the world wants to know is whether your MRI 6 months down the road revealed a healed meniscus.

islandboy101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 06:22:45 PM »
needing help,
given the pandemic, travelling has been halted. i am currently nursing a knee injury, a tear in the lateral meniscus requiring surgery. due to the boarder lockdown, no surgeons can come over and operate, in general, and there isn't anyone qualified enough in my region (pacific) to operate on a knee.. im asking for assistance if the TENS treatment is able to restore the torn meniscus or is there an alternative way that doesn't require surgery. i am a full time rugby player so i cam trying to get my knee back up and running so i can be back on the field. would really appreciate if anyone could offer some help.
with my knee condition, when i bend it past the 90 degree angle it locks, i cant straighten it and ill be in pain, so id have to put pressure from the back of my knee while trying to straighten my knee to unlock it. its a temporary fix but i just want to sort this knee out. i cant run nor can i jog because my knee just locks up. again, i would appreciate any help or assistance.
thanks guys