Author Topic: Best way to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?  (Read 37627 times)

AmadeusReborn

• View Profile
    • EAW
Best way to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
« on: May 03, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »
Hey, I work in front of a keyboard and desk all day, and also do a lot of writing. After a long day at work I'm hurting bad. The pain is really frustrating, and I have to deal with it every single day. I'm pretty sure I have Carpal Tunnel syndrome, is there anything I can do about the pain? I can't reduce the amount I use my wrists like this, but I need some relief from this pain in my wrists. What should I do?
You can dance if you want to you can leave your friends behind cause if your friends don't dance well if they don't dance well there no friends of mine we can go where we want to the night is young and so am I and we can act real rude and hold a little mood and we can act like imbeciles we can dance

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: Best way to treat Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »
Hi AmadeusReborn, carpal tunnel syndrome can be extremely painful, as you well know. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) is caused by inflammation around the median nerve, which is created from performing tasks that require repetitive use of your wrists. In your case this would be typing and writing all day, which can get very repetitive. Some treatments that people suffering from CTS employ to get better involve surgery in the carpal tunnel area. This solution might work for some in the short term, but you will never fully recover from a surgery. As for wrist exercises, keep in mind that CTS is caused by stretching or overusing the median nerve. Stretching to try and improve CTS will actually injure you further.

To reduce Carpal Tunnel Syndrome pain and help heal, you need to reduce the inflammation around the median nerve. One of the best ways to reduce inflammation is to use cold. Cold not only reduces the inflammation around the nerve but also relieves the pain you feel everyday. I recommend using a ColdCure Wrist wrap, which is designed to fit around the area and spread cold evenly over the painful area, which is exactly what you want. They can also hold cold much longer than other gel packs, meaning you can wear it for extended periods of time while working without needing to change the gel to a fresh one often. ColdCure wraps are very comfortable as well, so you won't have issues with discomfort.

eightthirty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
I've tried the BFST wrap, but I have not tried the ColdCure (yet).  I've only had my BFST wrap for a few hours, but I literally already feel relief.  I was almost in tears of joy when I took the BFST wrap off my right wrist after the first 20 minute treatment.  I will continue to use it.  Since I'll be visiting my orthopedist to further examine my Ganglion Cyst and carpal tunnel, as well as a Rheumatologist to determine whether I have rheumatoid arthritis, at age 33, my use of the BFST will carry me through the 2 week gap I must wait before that occurs.

For those who are on the computer, like me, which is pretty much when I'm awake, I think the BFST treatments can be used both as a preventative as well as a corrective measure.  I wish I had found it sooner.  My wrists have been writhing in pain, not to mention I've had un-diagnosed knee pain since I was 19.

Pampullen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 12:28:32 AM »
I have suffered with carpal tunnel for years.  I finally had surgery on my left to correct it and also a trigger finger problem.  It took care of the problem but I had complications and had to have 8 weeks of physical therapy after and it took months before I could even make a fist.  Needless to say I have not had the surgery on my right hand which is my main use hand,  so I am going to start using the cold wrap on that and see if that will give me some relief.   Also when I wear my wrist splint I bought at the drug store consistently, it does feel a lot better but makes it hard to type and do normal things.

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:21 AM »
Hi eightthirty,

Thank you for both your posts. Glad to hear about your success with BFST!

Pampullen,

How has your treatment progressed?

CS

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 05:07:42 PM »
Hi eightthirty,

How has your treatment been going?