Author Topic: Help with baker's cyst  (Read 15272 times)

watercolors

• View Profile
Help with baker's cyst
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:22:16 AM »
I have a baker's cyst that my doctor says needs to be drained. I am deathly afraid of needles and would like to avoid this if I can. How do your products get rid of a baker's cyst? Will this work for me? Please help!

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Help with baker's cyst
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
Thank you for your enquiry and for your interest in King Brand.

For a Baker's Cyst we always recommend cold therapy until the cyst is either gone, or the size has reduced significantly. You would want to put the ColdCure Leg wrap on the back of your knee and do this for a good couple weeks.

Most Baker's Cysts are a result of an underlying knee issue, so in order to heal the Baker's cyst permanently, you need to fix the knee. Our BFST Knee wrap is a great treatment for any soft tissue injury that may be ailing the knee. We still however recommend only cold therapy for the first couple weeks before any BFST use. The BFST promotes blood flow to the knee area and with a Baker's Cyst present, it will fill up the cyst with even more fluid (which we do not want).

Our advice: Get the cyst down as much as possible with cold compresses then focus on healing the knee.

Please take a look at our Baker's Cyst page for more information.

We wish you all the very best.
Kind regards,
Amber