Author Topic: Completely torn...will BFST help  (Read 10622 times)

bhamilton

• View Profile
Completely torn...will BFST help
« on: January 07, 2023, 08:45:15 PM »
This is my recent diagnosis:

"Supraspinatus and most of the anterior mid-infraspinatus tendon are completely torn and retracted. Humeral head abuts the acromion, consistent with chronic sinus rotator cuff tear of all of the superior rotator cuff. No fluid in the gap region or in the subacromial subdeltoid bursa.

Small portion of the posterior rotator cuff intact"

Besides the usual "increased blood flow helps", how much can it help? Two opinions are the surgery is high risk for not being able to repair my shoulder so they're advising PT (hope for the best). What could I expect from BFST in terms of helping with any kind of recovery and pain relief?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: Completely torn...will BFST help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 06:27:50 PM »
Hello,

That's a pretty serious assessment.  PT is NOT going to resolve that level of injury.  The PT is the Drs saying it's unfortunate but you're going to have to learn to live with the issue.  My first reaction is to not stop at 2 Drs opinions.  Yes, you have a serious injury and it may be the age of it that is prohibiting them from attempting a surgery.  What you're looking for is a surgeon who has a lot of experience doing shoulder repair, maybe in a large city you can find one where that's all he/she does.  Maybe it truly is beyond repair, but it's worth hunting for a Dr who feels comfortable and has confidence they can help you.

If you don't get surgery, you know already that you're going to have a lifetime of challenges with that shoulder.  BFST will be your friend as the surrounding tissue take up the load from the damaged parts.  You definitely will be giving yourself treatments indefinitely.  That treatment will help your shoulder stay as strong as possible and help it recover from the added strain going forward.  It's a must have product for you going forward.  You won't regret the investment.

If you do get surgery, the BFST will be invaluable in the recovery process. Your body will be recovering for years from that surgery and BFST will help make sure you recover as much as possible.

I'm very sorry to hear you have that level of injury.  Whatever your course of action, BFST and ColdCure and Tape are going to be helpful for you for a long time.

Scott
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 06:23:55 PM by kbfadmin »