Author Topic: Safe use  (Read 44587 times)

CindyL

• View Profile
Safe use
« on: June 10, 2022, 06:54:50 PM »
I love my BFST wrap. I was going to let my boyfriend use it but he broke a bone several years back, in the area he would need to use it and they had to put metal pins in to set the bone. I wanted to make sure it would be safe for him to use before I let him do so.

kbfadmin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Safe use
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 10:32:54 PM »
Hi Cindy,

Thanks for the kind review!  Yes, the BFST is perfectly safe to use even if there are pins and implants present.  You probably know this, but generally the protocol is to use the BFST morning and night plus a couple extra times through the day if possible. 

AVOID using the BFST immediately after strenuous activity that may have aggravated the injury and ALWAYS use the BFST before any planned strenuous activity. 

Make sure he starts on a low setting and only move up once he does treatments and no longer feels significant warmth - that means his circulation has improved and he's ready to move to the next level.  Using it at too high a level too soon can result in blood pooling at the skin surface during treatment and that can reduce the depth of penetration of the treatment.  If his skin is quite red after a treatment then the level may be higher than is most effective.

Feel free to give us a call if he has any questions.

Thanks!
Scott