Author Topic: Anterior and Posterior hip Labral Tear  (Read 47079 times)

• View Profile
Anterior and Posterior hip Labral Tear
« on: August 12, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »
Hello! I am wondering how long a hip labral tear takes to heal with the bfst treatment! I have struggled with lots of hip pain throughout track and football football season and I don’t want to sit on these sports this year or get surgery! Track, football and CrossFit is my life and I can barely sprint and run now because of this injury! Surgery is the absolute last option! I am really hoping this will work. Doctors have been saying to me, “a labral tear cannot heal by itself.” I’m not fully sure that is true. Honestly I really don’t know even if I have a labral tear because of the extremely high false positive rate on the mri’s. They said I have bursitis and a labral tear. And I also think I have piriformis syndrome and snapping hip syndrome. This has been a real pain for me the last year and a half especially because I am trying to get a scholarship and this injury is really holding me back. I really want to know if this will work if I use it consistently? Also it might be a little harder to heal because of high intense workouts I’ve been doing. Thank you for anyone’s help.

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: Anterior and Posterior hip Labral Tear
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 03:19:53 PM »
Thank you for your interest in King Brand. Our products are designed to help speed up your natural healing process by first decreasing inflammation and then promoting blood flow.  

The labrum is an awkward area to treat to begin with. Our products will get deep within and the BFST will help to heal the cartilage, but it takes longer than other soft tissues due to the absorption (diffusion) into the cartilage itself as there is no direct blood supply. See the link below for more information on treating a hip labral tear.

We recommend starting with the Back/Hip ColdCure Wrap. This wrap comes with 3 gel inserts that you will put in the freezer or fridge and then place inside the neoprene wrap before applying it to the body. The ColdCure treatments help to bring down pain, swelling, and inflammation by applying a cold compress. These treatments can be done in 20 minute intervals (20 minutes on, 20 minutes off, and 20 minutes back on) or you can put a little more time between treatments depending on how comfortable you are with the cold. You should do this for a few days and look for a reduction in inflammation and tenderness to the touch.

When inflammation and pain have gone down you can start the Back/Hip BFST Wrap treatments. The BFST Wrap simply improves the blood flow without causing any additional strain in the surrounding area. It uses electromagnetic energy to penetrate deep within the tissues and it is a similar technology to ultrasound. During treatments you should not be feeling a high heat like you would with a conventional heating pad.  One 20 minute treatment will improve blood flow for 3-4 hours after. We recommend that you start on level 1 and do the treatments 4 times a day to receive the best results. Once that warming sensation goes away on level one that is when you would move to level 2. The more BFST treatments you do, the less warming sensation you will feel. That is a good sign. As the warmth lessens from treatment to treatment, this means your circulation is improving.  Our BFST wraps come with a soft neoprene wrap that is secured to the body using velcro straps. When using the BFST Wrap it is best to apply it directly onto the skin because the effects of BFST will be lessened if there is a clothing barrier in between the Energy Web (component inside the wrap) and the body. Most people start to notice an improvement after about 3 weeks of BFST treatments.  

When the body is at rest, blood flow circulation is impaired. When the body is moving, blood flow improves. You need to rest the affected area in order to avoid re-injury since physical activity during recovery can further strain your injury. But while at rest, you’re not getting the blood flow you need to heal. With BFST, you can rest and receive the additional blood flow your injury needs to heal.

Additional info on when to use ColdCure and BFST:
If you have been active and you may have strained your hip, that is NOT the time to do BFST. That is when you use ColdCure. Additionally, do a ColdCure treatment immediately after any significant physical activity. You may not have noticed it but there may be additional inflammation from re-injury. ColdCure treatments will attempt to minimize the damage.     

There is no limit to how often or how many times you can use ColdCure. As long as you want more, use it more. You can keep swapping the extra gel packs from your freezer into the wrap as long as you like. The only restriction is to wait 30-45 minutes after your last ColdCure treatment before following with a BFST treatment. As well, after a BFST treatment, it is best to wait an additional hour before using ColdCure again unless you are feeling significant pain.

Combination Treatment. To learn how to combine your BFST & ColdCure
treatments most effectively, please visit http://www.kingbrand.com/Combination-Therapy.php

Another product to consider would be our KB Support Tape. The KB Support Tape is designed to be applied any time you want extra support and protection for your hip. The tape provides ongoing compression throughout the day, so you get swelling relief that's light, comfortable and doesn't restrict movement. The KB Support Tape also helps to prevent re-injury by providing damaged tissue with targeted support and protection. There is no need to remove KB Tape when giving ColdCure Treatments. The Cold will easily penetrate the tape. BFST can be moderately affected by KB Tape. If the tape is covering the target area, the effects of BFST will be lessened if there is significant tape in between the Energy Web and the body. If Tape just covers a small part of the affected treatment area it is not a concern.  See below some helpful links about taping. 
  • KB Support Tape:http://kingbrand.com/KB-Support-Tape.php
  • Taping the hip:http://howtotapeinjuries.com/taping-the-back.php