Author Topic: Partial Quad Tendon Tear  (Read 17758 times)

FormerAthlete11

• View Profile
Partial Quad Tendon Tear
« on: June 10, 2014, 12:31:14 AM »
I have a partial quad tendon tear. I can walk fine but I have difficulty going up and down the steps, I can't run, and I have a sort of small indent on the top of my knee cap. Also my knee seems to have lost a lot of flexibility. A doctor said that surgery wasn't necessary but that I would need to immobilize my knee for about 6 weeks for the tendon to heal. I can't afford to be unable to walk for that long so I'm looking for an alternative. Do you have any products for my condition? How long would you estimate I would need to use the products for? (This is a pretty serious injury).

Kyle

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Partial Quad Tendon Tear
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:14:14 PM »
Hi,

We do have products for your condition. Both the ColdCure Knee and Leg Wraps will relieve the pain and stiffness you are experiencing. The stiffness is a result of the inflammation within your knee. By relieving the inflammation you will allow greater mobility in your knee and you will also allow your blood to circulate unimpeded to get to the injured tissues within your leg. I would recommend both ColdCure products as they are specifically designed for their respective body part to offer, as well as cold therapy, great compression which also acts quickly to relieve inflammation.

The BFST wrap is the second step to your recovery. The BFST encourages a greater flow of blood which carries oxygen and nutrients to repair damaged soft tissue more quickly and also loosens up the joints for greater flexibility. Your Doctor is right, you do want to rest your injuries to avoid re-aggravation, however while you rest you are not stimulating your circulation. This is the optimal time to be using the BFST to ensure you are receiving adequate supplies of blood, oxygen and nutrients while preventing set-backs in the form of re-injury.

As for a predicted recovery time it really can vary. There are many factors that will help determine how long it does take to recover; for example how often you use the BFST, if you are able to avoid re-aggravation, how severe the injury is to begin with, diet, age and many others. What we can say is that we are constantly having customers call us to say how they have shocked their doctors and physical therapists with how quickly they have recovered compared to their estimates. There is a great testimonials page on our website that I recommend taking a look at.

I hope I've answered all your questions, if you have any others please do ask!
Service@KingBrand.com
1-877-661-5239
1-877-677-9973

FormerAthlete11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »
Just to give an update, my knee feels so much better now. I use the wrap 2-3 times a day and it's helped me immensely. The only problem is that as of yesterday my wrap stopped working? No matter how many times I click the button it simply doesn't turn on. I've checked the ends on the wrap and the outlet and all are perfectly fine. What can be done about this?

Amber

• King Brand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that. One of our customer service agents will contact you momentary.