Author Topic: Debunking Common Plantar Fasciitis Myths  (Read 77348 times)

Tender_Tendons

• View Profile
Debunking Common Plantar Fasciitis Myths
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:20:13 AM »
I have so many questions about Kingbrands page on "Debunking Common Plantar Fasciitis Myths"
Any information, research, or explanation that could help me to better understand the truth would be greatly appreciated.

So many in the medical field and professional doctors recommend and suggest doing the exact things kingbrand says could cause more harm than help for Plantar Fasciitis. Why is this?  ???  ??? Is there two different schools of thought or two different views based on the same studies and research? I mean, either there is proof that stretching and massaging the P.F. Ligament helps or there is proof that stretching and massaging the P.F. Ligament hurts and is causing more harm. Which is it  ??? From reading all the information on this kingbrand website I believe these products could help me with my P.F. it makes since to me. But what doesn't make since to me is the conflicting information from so called reputable, respectable, and professional authority figures in the medical field. Why so much conflict around something so seemingly simple and basic in terms of physical anatomy and the way the body functions? Are ligaments meant to be stretched and massaged? Can stretching and massaging my Plantar Fascia Ligament cause me more injury? Why do doctors and medical professionals recommend these things if they can cause more injury?  :o Why is this topic not straight forward and simple?

Trying to understand my Painful Plantar Fasciitis,

Please help,
Thank you,

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • King Brand Healthcare Products
Re: Debunking Common Plantar Fasciitis Myths
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10:55:27 AM »
Hi Tender_Tendons,

I do agree that there is a LOT of misinformation on the internet, which is why we've dedicated a whole page to Myths that are commonly practiced. We hear from lots of customers who have been suffering with Plantar Fasciitis for months and months, and sometimes years - when you don't really have to!

Think of your Plantar Fascia as a piece of paper. When your Plantar Fascia is healthy with no damage to it, just like the paper, it's really hard to tear. Now when you have an injury to your Plantar Fascia, that is very small 'micro-tears'. When you put a small tear into the piece of paper, all of the sudden it is really easy to tear further.

Now you have to be careful that you don't continue tearing your Plantar Fascia, because just like the paper it's easy to tear further and lengthen your healing process.

This is exactly why we do not recommend stretching, orthotics or anything that's going to cause extra pressure on the bottom of your foot. 

You're right, there's always two different views based on the same studies. So I hope that you read through all of this (I'm sorry I'm long winded) and the choice is always yours for what modality you choose. We've never stated that this is the ONLY way that you're going to heal, but merely the modality that makes the most sense when you look at how your body functions when you're injured and healthy. That is really what King Brand is about, supporting our customers and potential customers to heal in the best way that they choose.

Yes, your plantar is meant to be stretched and massaged. Stretching and massaging your Plantar Fascia ligament while it's healthy will always promote good blood flow and help prevent re-injury. Stretching and massaging while your injured will cause me to reference your tendon to a piece of paper again. It's very fragile in it's injured state.

Always work within pain boundaries. Your body is giving you pain, because it's telling you that you're working too hard and hurting it. Massaging and stretching with no pain is completely acceptable. While most doctors will tell you 'no pain no gain', this is not the correct approach. If you Massage and Stretch the pain away, you've essentially continued to tear the tendon further until there is no more pressure applied, which will temporarily give you relief until you rest again and your body starts healing.

Which is why all people suffering from Plantar Fasciitis hate those first few steps in the morning. They are painful because your body is trying to heal and those first few steps are tearing and undoing the healing from overnight.

The internet unfortunately is filled with so much mis-information, that when that inaccurate information becomes repeated enough it turns into law. With an ailment as prevalent as Plantar Fasciitis unfortunately this is the case.

I'm not saying that ALL orthotics are bad, some people do benefit from it. There are people with flat feet, or even with one leg slightly longer than the other that will absolutely benefit fromorthotics, but most people would benefit a lot more from a change in footwear. Women not wearing high heels, or shoes without proper support like flip-flop sandals will often suffer from Plantar Fasciitis at one time or another, but that doesn't mean it has to become chronic suffering. Othotics should be secondary to trying to find out what's causing the problem to persist.

Just last weekend, I enjoyed a long bike ride and was wearing sandals. The next morning I realized that I was suffering from a touch of Plantar Fasciitis. Changing up my footwear from my sandals without support to a lace up shoe that had a lot better support caused my mild case of Plantar Fasciitis to go away in 2-3 days as well as moderate use of Cold to help reduce the inflammation.

I wish you the best in your recovery with your Plantar Fasciitis, and we are here to help you through the healing process.

Always remember that purchasing anything off of our website is a 100% Risk Free Purchase as all of our products come with a 30 day money back guarantee. The reason we give 30 days is because within those 30 days, by developing a routine with our BFST and ColdCure Plantar Wraps, you should start to see some positive results. The key is consistency though. 3-4 treatments a day with the treatment first thing in the morning, and right before you go to bed being the two most important treatments.

You will always have our support too. You're more than welcome to call us any time and we can provide assistance in treating your Plantar Fasciitis as effectively and quickly as possible.

Again, I'm sorry that I'm so long winded, but there is soo much information that I thought important for you to read.

Best regards,
Megan

Tender_Tendons

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 02:13:03 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I have learned a lot from this website & from your response.  I plan to purchase the cold cure & the bfst. Thank you.

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
Please let us know if you require anything further. Treatment Advisors are more than happy to answer questions through the forum, email as well as calling us at 844-400-2525.

I hope you feel better soon.

Regards,
Megan

DwightRi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 11:19:26 AM »
Could you describe the best way of applying BFST and ColdCure?

CS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 07:19:05 PM »
Hi DwightRi,

Thanks for your question.

The ColdCure would be your first method of treatment to help with managing pain from an injury. Our ColdCure products offer cold compression to bring down inflammation/swelling and pain, and can be used for as long as needed.

Once your pain has been reduced, the BFST will help promote healing your injury. The best time to use BFST would be first thing when you wake up in the morning and the second best time would be before you go to bed. We recommend doing 2-4 BFST treatments in a day.

If you will be doing any sort of physical activity, do a BFST treatment before the activity and then use the ColdCure after you are done your activity.

If you have any more questions, please contact us via email or call us at 1-844-400-2525.

Regards,
Jennifer