Author Topic: Can I skip cold pack for shoulder and start w BFST  (Read 37667 times)

JohnH

• View Profile
Can I skip cold pack for shoulder and start w BFST
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:38:22 PM »
About 2 months ago I started feeling pain in rotator cuff of left shoulder when arm in certain positions. There was never any swelling and pain was moderate, but usually only when in a bad position. The pain has subsided quite a bit since, but I still can’t reach behind my back without feeling some pain. It is not going away. I’m wondering whether I could start the BFST treatment right away without the cold pack.

jesse

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Can I skip cold pack for shoulder and start w BFST
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 03:15:09 PM »
Hi John,
Anytime  there is pain it is  generally a  result of  inflammation  due  to irritation in that area,  to allow the  BFST to work to its  full potential I suggest you use  the  coldcare even if just once, allowing your  skin to return to temp. Then move  onto the  Bfst.

dti

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can I skip cold pack for shoulder and start w BFST
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »
Hi John,

Thanks for your question.  I happened to have had a rotator cuff injury myself so I'm very familiar with what you're going through.  That was before KB products were available and mine - partly because I didn't care for it well enough - took years to heal.

If it isn't hurting when at rest, then I'd say you're okay to go straight to BFST treatments.  Like Jesse, said, if you have pain continuously/regularly then you probably need to address that first with the ColdCure product.

When you feel that pain during certain motions, those are little setbacks and big messages that the injury isn't fully healed.  In fact, even after the pain is gone, your body is still recovering from the injury and replacing collagen tissue with proper muscle and tendon tissue for a year or more.  Using BFST for an extended period of time will help with this process and reduce your likelihood of reinjury long after the pain is gone.

I'd say go ahead with the BFST.  Remember the most important treatment is first thing in the morning when you get up and the second one is at the end of the day (provided you haven't had a serious setback during the day).  One or two more during the day is a great help too.  Th shoulder product has an optional battery pack available if you're on the go and want it to travel with you.  The battery isn't required, but some people like to get one too.

Thanks again for your question.  If you want to discuss your injury and treatment further, our Treatment Advisors are at the end of the phone 7 days a week.

Heal Quickly!

Scott