Author Topic: ITBS  (Read 14461 times)

Britney

• View Profile
ITBS
« on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
Do you have any advice for someone with an iliotibial band issue? I am an avid runner and need something that will get me back to running asap. I tried foam rollers since they're supposed to help but it hasn't made my ITBS any better. Which of your products would you recommend?

Kyle

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: ITBS
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 07:09:03 PM »
Hi Britney,

Iliotibial Band Syndrome is common in runners as it is the result of continual rubbing of the band along the femur as the knee flexes and extends. This causes inflammation within the band which can be quite painful and also constrains blood flow.

The ColdCure Leg wrap is great at relieving inflammation through both cryotherapy and compression therapy. I would recommend using the ColdCure wrap after any strenuous activity such as running to prevent and relieve inflammation in your leg and knee.

The BFST Leg wrap would offer benefits as well. The BFST stimulates blood flow in the targeted area for 4 hours after a 20 minute treatment. If you use the BFST before going for a run it will increase the elasticity of the Iliotibial Band which will help prevent straining the band. If damage has already been done to the Band then you will want to rest your leg and use the BFST. The increased blood flow will carry oxygen and nutrients to your leg and knee to stimulate the body's natural healing process, while resting will help to avoid an aggravation and consequent setback. Once you have recovered from the injury continue using the BFST before going for a run or any other strenuous activity to prevent the injury from reoccurring.
Service@KingBrand.com
1-877-661-5239
1-877-677-9973