Baker's Cysts usually develop at the back of the knee as the result of an underlying knee injury or condition. Addressing the Baker's Cyst alone won't prevent it from coming back. If you want to get rid of your Baker's Cyst for good, you need to heal your underlying knee injury or condition.
1. Use the ColdCure® Leg Wrap to reduce the pain, swelling and inflammation at the back of your knee
2. Continue to do regular ColdCure® treatments until ALL the swelling and inflammation is gone
3. If your cyst is not noticeable, do cold therapy for at least 2 weeks
1. Use the BFST® Knee Wrap to heal your knee injury or condition
2. Since you will be using the BFST® Wrap on the front of your knee as opposed to the back where you do your ColdCure® treatments, you may be able to start BFST® treatments while you're still using ColdCure®. Introduce BFST® treatments slowly. If you experience any pain or discomfort during BFST® treatments, go back to doing ColdCure® treatments for several days.
3. Start your BFST® treatments on Level 1. For maximum benefit, please take into consideration that each 20 minute treatment optimizes your blood circulation for an average of 4 hours. We recommend 3-4 treatments daily, spread throughout the day.
Initially, when you begin your treatments on Level 1, you may experience a tingling or heightened warming sensation. Over time you will notice the warming sensation diminishing. When you feel almost no warmth at the beginning of a new treatment, it is time to increase to the next level. Start your treatments on Level 1 - proceeding immediately to Level 2 or 3 will NOT speed up your healing time - you need to condition the body first and move up levels gradually in order to gain maximum benefit from your BFST® treatments.
A BFST® treatment first thing in the morning will help relax damaged tissue and increase blood flow. This will help reduce stiffness.
During the day, do a BFST® treatment every 4 hours or before any type of physical activity. This can include anything that puts a strain on the injured area (Ex. Walking/standing for long periods of time). This can also be used for preventative measures after a full recovery to optimize your blood flow.
Apply cold to the back of your knee any time you experience a pain flare-up or after any physical activity to prevent further injury and reduce swelling and inflammation. A BFST® treatment before going to bed will relax the area and aid healing.