Author Topic: BFST/ColdCure in conjuction for Achilles Tendon Rupture Healing  (Read 22581 times)

Mattycee

• View Profile
Hi,
I am currently recovering from an achilles tendon rupture which I am being treated conservatively for and I hoping people who have gone through this themselves would be able to offer some advice.

I am 5 weeks into my healing and the achilles has been joined since my 2 week appointment and I am getting more movement in the ankle all the time. I am now full weight bearing in the house and only use 1 crutch when I am out and about so I am getting some niggles in the ankle but overall swelling is pretty good. I assume this will help the healing now that the tendon has rejoined?

I want to know if the BFST treatment will benefit me and is it able to be used in conjunction with the ColdCure for when I have been walking around and the ankle swells up?

I am from Sydney Australia and will be visiting the US in 2 weeks so was wondering of I can use the ColdCure while I am on the flight and also would the ColdCure be best used when I am walking around Disneyland for 5 days (I have a 3 year old daughter) and was thinking it would help with movement and swelling whilst I was overseas. Can I then use the BFST of a morning and evening as well as the ColdCure?

Thanks
Matt

Desiree

• View Profile
Re: BFST/ColdCure in conjuction for Achilles Tendon Rupture Healing
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
Wonderful to hear that you are seeing improvement!  And yes, the BFST Achilles Wrap would help to speed up your recovery after surgery.
As to using the 2 products in combination, use the ColdCure Wrap after being on your feet to reduce swelling and inflammation, then wait about 45 minutes before using the BFST.  Also, if you know you are going to be active, use the BFST before the activity, followed by ColdCure.
For best results try to fit in 3 to 4 twenty minute BFST treatments per day!
As to using your Cold Cure Wrap on the plane; the gels are food grade medical products and are not liquids.  Make sure you bring your instructions and even you invoice if you have it, just in case you have issues at security. I am not sure how you would cool the gels on the plane!