Author Topic: Tensor Fascia Latae pain  (Read 18697 times)

thomas_anders

• View Profile
Tensor Fascia Latae pain
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
Hi there,

I'm suffering for almost 5 years from pain in my right hip. It's a deep pain I feel when I'm sitting and lean on one leg, referred to my knee (feels like a sharp pain when I'm walking) After so many MRI scans they found a (la good one) hibernoma tumor in my hipflexor. After surgery, the tumor is almost gone (1 cm the most, 20 cm is gone now), the pain increased to a level I needed 2 or 3 tramadol (for more then a year now) to make it through a day at the office (horrible pain while sitting on a chair or sofa).
On the EMG they saw reinnervation of the tensor fascia latae muscle/nerve. Pressure on it let me almost cry.
Already had 4 cortisone shots, but the pain is almost at the same level. It's no bursitus.

I've already ordered the Back/Hip inferno wrap, so I hope it will help me to recover.
Can you give some advise if this is a good treatment for it?

Thanks!

Ashley

• King Brand
    • View Profile
Re: Tensor Fascia Latae pain
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
Thank you for your interest in King Brand.  I hope by using the BFST it will give you some relief.  By bringing blood flow through the area, it can only help.  It may not make the pain go away 100% but it may manage your day to day much better.  You can also benefit a lot from adding Cold therapy into your day.  Keeping the inflammation down is key in helping the good blood flow through as well.

I hope you will be able to decrease the pain medication by using the BFST routinely.  Please do not use the BFST if you have had cortisone within the last 4-6 weeks as it can affect your blood pressure.  Also discontinue if you feel added discomfort from using it.  Read instructions thoroughly and work your way slowly through the levels of intensity.  It is a matter of conditioning your hip to get used to the stimulated circulation.

Please let us know if you have any questions along the way.   In your case I am not sure if anything will get fixed or fully healed, but as mentioned before, it will hopefully manage the pain.

All the best
Ashley